Whilst it’s been cold I’ve been making soups for my family’s lunch accompanied by either homemade flatbread or naan bread. However I’ve been really missing salads, so the other day I decided that was it, I’m going to start eating salads again.
That first mouthful of salad tasted so delicious and fresh. I thought I would share the bowl of salad I’ve been putting together for my lunches, it can be adapted to include any salad items you enjoy.
Quinoa Salad Bowl
- 100 g quinoa
- 250 ml water
- 1 small carrot chopped
- 1 chunk cucumber chopped
- 1 handful coriander chopped
- 1 handful fresh salad leaves chopped
- 1 stick celery chopped
- 1 chunk red/yellow/orange pepper chopped
- 1 boiled egg Chopped
- 30 g cashew nuts
- 2 small pickled beetroot chopped
- 2 small florets brocolli
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
Preparing the Quinoa
- Add the quinoa to water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 12-15minutes.
Preparing the salad
- Combine all the salad items with 1/5 of the Quinoa
- Steam or boil the florets, drain and add on top of salad
Preparing Salad Dressing
- Peel and finely chop the Garlic
- Peel and finely chop the ginger
- Add the ginger and garlic to a jar for storage
- Pour over the oil oil, sesame oil and soy sauce and mix.
- Drizzle your preferred amount over the salad and mix well.