We’re going to be sharing our favourite healthy recipes. The first being my favourite breakfast that I start most days off with – Banana with Homemade Yoghurt and Muesli. Below is the recipe for making your delicious homemade, nutritious muesli.
- 200 g Rolled Oats
- 45 g Dessicated/flaked coconut or sliced almonds
- 45 g Pumpkin Seeds Replace with other seeds as required
- 150 g Raw Nuts Roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Linseed
- 85 g Butter Melted
- Preheat the Oven to 160 degrees C / 140 degrees fahrenheit / Gas Mark 3
- Combine the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking tray
- Bake for 30-35mins, or until golden brown. Check the mixture after 15mins for colour, and mix lightly. Adjust the heat if necessary.
- Remove the muesli from the oven and leave the muesli to cool
- Once cool, store in an airtight container and consume within 1 to 2 weeks. (Mine lasts longer and still tastes great)